Office: Room 310, 3rd floor, A9 Building
University of Transport and Communications
No.3 Cau Giay St., Lang Thuong Ward, Dong Da District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Board of Leaders
Dr. PHAM THANH HA
Dean of the Faculty
MSc. NGUYEN DUC DU
Vice Dean of the Faculty
- Date of foundation of the Faculty: 21st November, 2003
- Main subjects in the Faculty: Programming languages; Logic systems; AI; Databases; Data mining; Optimizations; Computer graphic; Image proccessing; Network security; Formal methods; Machine learning; Language proccessing; Computer vision; Recognition systems, etc.
- Faculty staff: 34 people including 2 professors, 7 doctors, 23 masters and 2 engineers.
- Education programs: Information Technology in both undergraduate level and graduate level.
- It is about 200 new undergraduate students and 60 graduate students enrolled every year, and there are currently 800 undergraduate students and 120 graduate students studying in our faculty.
UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM (4 years): Bachelor of Information Technology (IT)
The students in major of Information Technology will be equipped with fundamental and specialized knowledge in this field. Besides, the program also leads students to get the latest information technology in daily life.
The students in major of Information Technology will be trained to develop their practical skills related to the domains of Information Technology. These students are also provided well with team-work, communication as well. It is not only to assist their study and research, but also to integrate with local and international Information technology community after graduation.
After finishing the course and getting the degree, students will be able to consult and perform their tasks by themselves in the role of an IT expert to satisfy the competitive society requirements of IT research and application. Additionally, they will be also able to deal independently with something and carry out projects in the rapid IT development.
The graduated students will possess many good things such as virtue, good awareness of discipline, professional and serious manner of working, good ethics of information protection and copyright, enthusiasm of team-work, practice of discipline and communication skill. They will also have good awareness of learning uninterruptedly in order to catch up with the high level of IT development in the ASEAN region and all over the world.
Beside main objectives mentioned, there are also specific objectives available in each major that students can get:
Having a fundamental and specialized deep knowledge of Information System helps students meet the IT development and apply it in fact, and they can give their advices, consultancies as well as advanced information systems to economic management, administration, and other services.
Having a fundamental and specialized good knowledge of Software Engineering such as development process, management and maintenance of software systems, analysis, design and management of software projects help students carry out and manage different jobs in the field of Software Engineering. They can set up standard models and apply the software engineering regulations into the real life, and also implement scientific researches and develop new trends in this area.
Having a fundamental and specialized good knowledge of Computer Science helps students understand the problems of algorithm analysis and design so that they can create solutions to resolve effectively applied problems in the real life. They will become people who carry out scientific researches to develop and apply IT to science and the society, to deal with fundamental IT problems as well.
Computer Networks and Communication
Having a fundamental and specialized good knowledge of Computer Networks and Communication helps to satisfy the society demands like internet, telecommunications, communications, etc. The graduated students are able to design, manufacture, maintain, test and administrate computer network and communication systems, and to carry out scientific researches and develop new trends in this area.
GRADUATE PROGRAM (1.5 years): Master of Information Technology.
We offer the program to those who have IT qualifications already. The program is really attractive for someone to work in the IT field and look ahead having a good career. It deepens their knowledge and skills. And it helps them become professional IT practitioners with the ultimate challenges to cope with many obstacles in this area such as distributed systems, networks, software engineering, databases and other advanced information systems. We always pay attention to improve contents of the program to attract the learners.
After finishing the course, graduated students are able to use their skills that they have obtained to develop and implement large IT system applications used in many corporations and to work on other aspects of computer usage and design.
- Computer Science Section:
- Head: Prof. Dr. Nguyen Van Long (Director of Education Guarantee and Testing Department of UTC)
- Staffs: Dr. Tran Van Dung (Dean of the Faculty); MSc. Do Van Duc; MSc. Hoang Van Thong; MSc. Pham Xuan Tich; MSc. Luong Thai Le; MSc. Do Quang Tho; and MSc. Trinh Thanh Hai.
- Software Engineering Section:
- Head: MSc. Nguyen Duc Du (Vice Dean of the Faculty)
- Staffs: Prof. Dr. Pham Van At; MSc. Pham Thi Thu Huong; Dr. Nguyen Trong Phuc; MSc. Cao Thi Luyen; MSc. Luu Xuan Duan; MSc. Bui Minh Cuong; MSc. Nguyen Hieu Cuong; MSc. Nguyen Huu Nghia; Eng. Nguyen Thu Huong; MSc. Tran Phong Nha; and Eng. Le Nhat Tung.
- Information Systems and Networking Section:
- Head: Dr. Pham Thanh Ha (Dean of the Faculty)
- Staff: Dr. Dang Thi Thu Hien; MSc. Nguyen Thanh Toan; MSc. Bui Ngoc Dung; MSc. Nguyen Quoc Tuan; MSc. Do Thanh Thuy; MSc. Tran Quang Hai Bang; MSc. Nguyen Thi Hai Binh; MSc Tieu Thi Ngoc Dung; MSc. Nguyen Kim Sao; MSc. Tran Vu Hieu; Eng. Nguyen Thi Hong Hoa.
Education and Research:
- Education: There were over 1,500 undergraduate students graduated from the faculty.
Books: Prof. Dr. Pham Van At is the author of following books:
- Advanced programming techniques in C, isued by Science and Technology Publisher, 1995.
- Windows programming – using API, issued by Transportation Publisher, 2005.
- C++ and Object oriented programming, issued by Transportation Publisher, 2005.
Researches: Some outstanding scientific projects as follows:
- Complete and Linear Hedge algebras, Fuzziness measure of vague concepts and linguistic hedges and application. Nguyen Van Long. Casy’05 Seventh International Conference, Liege, Belgium, 08-13 August, 2005.
- Fuzziness measure on Complete Hedge algebras and quantifying semantics of term in linear hedge algebras. Nguyen Van Long. Fuzzy set and Systems Official Publications, 452-471, 2007.
- On the Stability Semantics of Combinational Programs. Tran Van Dung. Proceedings, ICTAC 2005, LNCS 3722, pp. 180-194.
- A method build fuzzy associate memory for fuzzy control problems. Ha Pham Thanh, Ho Nguyen Cat, Lan Vu Nhu. Asian Journal on Science & Technology for development, vol 25(2), 281-294.
- A Novel Two-Phase Efficient Algorithm for Training Interpolation Radial Basis Function Networks. Hoang Xuan Huan, Dang Thi Thu Hien and Huynh Huu Tue. Signal Processing, Vol. 87, Issue 11 2007, pp. 2708–2717.
- Local RBF Neural Networks for Interpolating Multivariate Functions. Dang Thi Thu Hien, Hoang Xuan Huan and Huu Tue Huynh. IEEE International Conference on Research, Innovation and Vision for the Future in Computing & Communications Technologies, ENST 2008 S 001, pp.70-75.
- Multivariate Interpolation using Radial Basis Function Networks. Dang Thi Thu Hien, Hoang Xuan Huan and Huu Tue Huynh. International Journal of Data Mining, Modelling and Management (IJDMMM), Vol.1, No.3, pp.291-309.
- An efficient algorithm for training interpolation RBF networks with equally spaced nodes. Hoang Xuan Huan, Dang Thi Thu Hien and Huynh Huu Tue. IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, 2011.
- A Brand and Bound method for Multivariate global optimization with box constraints. LE THI Hoai An, OUANES Mohand and NGUYEN Trong Phuc. Actes du Colloque International sur l’Optimisation et Systeme d’Information, COSI’2006, pp 325-336, 2006.
- A continuous DC programming approach to the strategic supply chain design problem from qualified partner set. LE THI Hoai An, NGUYEN Trong Phuc and PHAM DINH Tao. European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 183, Issue 3, Pages 1001-1012, Year 2007.
- Noisy image segmentation by a robust Fuzzy C-Means clustering algorithm based DC programming and DCA. LE THI Hoai An, LE HOAI Minh, NGUYEN Trong Phuc and PHAM DINH Tao. Lecture Notes In Artificial Intelligence, Vol. 5077, Pages: 72–86, Year 2008, ISBN: 978-3-540-70717-2.
- Discrete Tomography Based on DC Programming and DCA. LE THI Hoai An, NGUYEN Trong Phuc and PHAM DINH Tao. Computing and Communication Technologies, Research, Innovation, and Vision for the Future (RIVF), 2010 IEEE RIVF International Conference on, 1-4 Nov. 2010.